7 flood-hit States get Rs 2,117 cr SDRF advance

New Delhi, Aug 1: Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah on Saturday approved the advance release of Rs 2,117.85 crore from the Centre’s share of the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) to support seven flood-affected States during the ongoing southwest monsoon, aimed at strengthening relief, rescue and rehabilitation operations.

The Ministry of Home Affairs said the approval reflects the Centre’s commitment, under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to extend all necessary assistance to States affected by floods. It said the Government of India has been continuously monitoring the flood situation in close coordination with the State Governments since the onset of the monsoon.

According to the Ministry, the Centre has extended all possible assistance to the affected States, including the pre-deployment of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams and logistical support from the Ministry of Defence wherever required.

The approved assistance includes Rs 44.55 crore for Arunachal Pradesh, Rs 379.35 crore for Assam, Rs 500 crore each for Gujarat, Maharashtra and Odisha, and Rs 193.95 crore for Himachal Pradesh.

The Ministry said Himachal Pradesh and Odisha had already received the first instalment of the Central share of SDRF for the financial year 2026-27. The latest approval provides them with the advance release of the second instalment to ensure uninterrupted relief operations.

For Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat and Maharashtra, the Centre approved the advance release of the first instalment of the Central share of SDRF by relaxing the applicable documentary requirements in view of the urgent need for resources.

The Ministry said the advance release would ensure the timely availability of funds for relief measures and strengthen the ongoing response to the flood situation.

Inter-Ministerial Central Teams (IMCTs) have already been deputed to Arunachal Pradesh and Assam to assess the damage caused by floods. Two separate IMCT visits have been undertaken in Assam owing to the severity of the flood situation.

The Ministry also said an IMCT is being constituted for Nagaland following a request from the State Government.

With the latest approval, a total of Rs 2,117.85 crore has been made available to the flood-affected States to support ongoing relief, rescue and rehabilitation measures.

The Centre said it will continue to monitor the flood situation closely and extend all necessary assistance to the affected States as required.

Related Articles