Baramulla: A PDD employee died after he was electrocuted while repairing a live wire on electric police in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
Official sources told news agency Kashmir News Trust that a 32-year old Lineman received an electric shock when he was repairing a wire in the Khenpeth Singhpora area of Pattan.
The Lineman who has been identified as Ghulam Rasool Wani was shifted to the hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Sources added that the death of the employee sparked protest against Power Development Department. Police in this regard have registered a case. (KNT)