Woman dies of suffocation in Kawadar blaze

Srinagar: An elderly woman died on Sunday of suffocation after smoke filled up in her house following a fire incident at Kawdara area in down town Srinagar.

A fire office spokesman said, fire broke out in the house of one Fayaz Ahmad Najor at Kawdara which was brought under control before the fire tenders could reach on the spot.

However, an elderly woman identified as Raja Begum died of suffocation caused due the smoke inhalation.

The house was also damaged in the fire incident which was caused due to the short circuit, the fire office spokesman added. (UNI)

Related Articles