Jammu, Oct 21 (UNI) No breakthrough has so far been achieved in the ensuing gunfight in Mendhar belt of Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir that has entered the eleventh day on Thursday while the security agencies have also captured one suspect from Bhimber Gali area while he was clicking pictures of vital installations of the Indian Army.
“The search and cordon operation is on but still there is no major development in the ongoing gunfight in Nar Khas forested area of Mendhar,” an official said.
He also said one suspected person was detained Thursday morning when he was taking the photographs of some vital installations and the mediapersons had gathered near the spot for professional duties in view of the ongoing encounter.
“Some Pakistani contact numbers were also found in his cell phone. The matter is being investigated and his questioning is on,” they said.
Locals have already been appealed to stay indoors as the Army has intensified the search operation with retaliation to the intermittent firing by the heavily armed terrorists.
As of now, around eight people have been detained for allegedly providing logistics support to the terrorists.
Army Chief General M M Naravane also visited forward areas in Poonch and Rajouri districts and reviewed the overall security situation on Tuesday morning.
Nine Army personnel including two Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) have been killed in the gunfight that triggered in Rajouri-Poonch border districts on October 11.