Using machine on choked filter can prove lethal, may lead to black fungus
Srinagar: Amid black fungus scare across Jammu and Kashmir, a Non-Government Organization (NGO) has appealed the general public to ensure that the oxygen concentrator machines are periodically serviced and cleaned, saying that ignoring mandatory periodical servicing can prove lethal for patients and may lead to black fungus as well.
Athrout Kashmir NGO has issued a general awareness message to the public in which it stated that it has received an Oxygen concentrator back in a dilapidated state. “The machine was issued to a needy COPD patient in June last year. After repeated calls and requests the family finally brought the equipment for mandatory servicing,” it said.
However, the NGO further claimed that the machine was being used on a choked filter and potentially mould infested humidifier, which is lethal for patients and may lead to black fungus.
“We request all the patients using oxygen concentrators especially COPD patients to periodically service your machines and clean the filter, humidifier regularly,” the message reads. (KNO)