Salem (TN): The disengagement process by India and China in eastern Ladakh is ”complete” after nine rounds of diplomatic and military level talks between the two neighbours, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said here on Sunday.
Addressing a state conference of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha in this town in western Tamil Nadu ahead of the assembly polls likely in the next two months, Rajnath said after nine rounds of diplomatic and military level talks between India and China, a solution had been found, referring to the mutually agreed disengagement process in eastern Ladakh.
“Troops and weapons have been withdrawn from the north and south banks of Pangong lake in that area. After nine rounds of military and diplomatic dialogue, the disengagement process is complete,” he said.
The defence minister said but unfortunately the Congress is doubting Indian army’s bravery. “Is not it insulting to the soldiers who do the supreme sacrifice”.
Twenty Indian army personnel were killed in the Galwan clash with the Chinese troops last year during the face-off.
“India will not allow any country to take unilateral action on its border and it will pay any cost to thwart such attempts,” Singh said.
“However, the Congress claimed that India had lost territory to its eastern neighbour and tried “defame us”, he said adding, “Till there is blood and life in this body, nobody can capture an inch of India”s land”.
The defence minister said government under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has never compromised with country’s unity, territorial integrity and sovereignty and it shall never do so, he declared.