Precious Kashmir News
Srinagar, April 24 : A lineman of the Kashmir Power Distribution Corporation Ltd (erstwhile Power Development Department) died of electrocution in Parimpora area of Srinagar city on Friday.
A police officer told GNS that Bashir Ahmad Parray (42) son of Ghulam Mohiuddin Parray of Lawaypora received an electric shock while repairing an electric line near Fruit Mandi area of Parimpora late today afternoon.
Parray had suffered serious burn injuries in the incident, the officer said.
He was immediately taken to SMHS hospital where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival, the officer added.
An officer of the power department said that Parray was working as a lineman in the department.