Pakistan rejects any link to CRPF convoy attack

  • 1
    Share

Islamabad, Feb 15: Pakistan has denied any involvement in the attack that claimed the lives of 49 CRPF troopers in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the attack was a matter of “grave concern” and it had been condemning “heightened acts of violence in the (Kashmir) Valley”.
“We strongly reject any insinuation by elements in the Indian government and media circles that seek to link the attack to the State of Pakistan without investigations,” said the statement.
The Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) claimed responsibility for the attack in Pulwama district. It was the worst ever attack on forces on any single day since a militant movement broke out in Jammu and Kashmir in 1989.
India said the JeM was led by Masood Azhar, who had been given full freedom by Islamabad to operate in territories under the control of Pakistan and to carry out attacks in India and elsewhere with impunity.