PDD employee electrocuted in Kund Qazigund

PDD employee electrocuted in Kund Qazigund

Aman Malik

Anantnag, Feb 1: Power Development Department (PDD) employee died due to electric shock while repairing a H T line in Waripora Kund area of Kulgam district on Friday
Sources said that Zubair Ahmad Mir received an electric shock while fixing a fault at Waripora Kund on Friday evening.
“He was rushed to Emergency Hospital Qazigund where doctors declared him brought dead ,” the PDD employee said.
Zubair , who was working as an line man with the PDD had reportedly received 75 per burn injuries in the incident.
A case has been registered at Police Station Qazigund in this regard.
The incident has once again raised question mark regarding proper safety gears used by PDD employees while dealing with electric faults.
A PDD official said preliminary reports suggest that Zubair Ahmad Mir a resident of Nigeenpora Kund in Kulgam received an electric shock when he was repairing a live wire.