Govt foils JRL’s Kulgam march

  • 1
    Share

Srinagar, Oct 24: Authorities on Wednesday sealed off all roads leading to Kulgam to foil protest march called by Joint Resistance Leadership against the killing of seven civilians in the south Kashmir district on Sunday.
Officials sources said that restriction were imposed in sensitive areas in south Kashmir including Kulgam.
The JRL comprising Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Mohammad Yasin Mallik had appealed people, especially those living in south Kashmir districts to march towards village Laroo in Kulgam district to express sympathy and the solidarity with the families who lost their loved ones in the “Kulgam massacre by Indian forces.”
“The march to Kulgam is to convey to the people of Laroo that people of entire Kashmir are with them and share their grief and pain and that they are not alone against the ultimate repression unleashed to crush the peoples’ demand for the right to self-determination,” the JRL had said in the statement issued here.
The JRL has also urged Imams of all shrines, masjids and Imam Baras across Kashmir to raise their voice against the killing of innocent people in Kulgam and also stage peaceful protests after Friday prayers against the bloodshed in Kulgam. The JRL also urged Imans to lead special prayers for all martyrs of Kashmir, especially those martyred recently at Kulgam.
The JRL also said that on October 27 (Saturday) the “black day of Kashmir history”, will be observed by all as “Occupation Day” as it was on this day in 1947, that Indian troops landed in Kashmir to “occupy us and our land and since then lakhs of forces continue to occupy us and our land illegally.” (GNS)