Srinagar, Sep 9: A woman died due to electrocution in Tarathpora area of Handwara in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Sunday afternoon.
An official said that Shareefa (45) wife of Manzoor Ahmad Lone received an electric shock when she came in contact with a live wire outside her home at Hurdona area of Tarathpora.
Shareefa was immediately taken to nearby by the hospital where doctors declared her dead on arrival, he said.
After completing all legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to her relatives for last rites, he added.
A case under 174 Cr.PC has been registered and further investigations were taken up, he said.