Locals blame AEE for mishap
Budgam, Aug 28: Due to sheer negligence of Power Development Department, a cow was electrocuted in Kenora Khansahb area of Central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Tuesday morning. Villagers held Assistant Executive Engineer PDD responsible for the mishap. They said despite repeated pleas to the said official, PDD didn’t replace damaged wires on the electric poles.
The cow according to eyewitnesses was electrocuted when a damaged live electric wire fell upon her. It belonged to one Bashir Ahmed Bhat who demanded action against PDD staffers especially AEE, PDD Khansahab.
“The electric wires in the area are badly damaged. Any live wire can fell on locals any time. We had gone to AEE not once but many times requesting him to replace these damaged wires, but his callous attitude disappointed us. It was a cow today, tomorrow it may be a human being,” the locals said and staged protest against PDD.
Despite repeated attempts, AEE, PDD Khansahab didn’t pick up the phone. (CNS)