Studies say that the human mind, put very simply, is like a filing cabinet — the brain stores information that it thinks is important and deletes things to make way for new memories. No wonder then, it is important to find ways to make your mind function more productively.
– We all have a lot of things going on in our lives. And sometimes we may tend to forget doing some tasks or errands simply because our mind is crammed with so much info. A helpful trick here is to keep a diary for yourself. This will ensure that you remain on track and are better organised. Whether you use a diary for daily tasks, certain errands or shopping trips, it will keep you composed.
– Do you ever feel like you have too much inside you and it all needs to come out? Why not pour out your thoughts in a journal or blog? You needn’t make your blog public if you want to keep your thoughts private. But the habit of regularly penning down your thoughts will help you unburden your mind and eventually make you perform better at everyday tasks.
– Are you irresponsible when it comes to your things? Are you often misplacing or losing them? To make sure you organise your mind, you also need to organise your habits. Keep things in place instead of thinking you’ll do it later. This way you won’t get stressed when you’re in a hurry and can’t find your things.
– Don’t put off tasks or errands. The more you delay them, the bigger they get. Instead, give yourself a reasonable deadline and try to stick to it as much as you can.
– Don’t take on more than you can handle. Sometimes it is okay to say no to someone. Recognise your limits and don’t feel ashamed of asking for help if you need it.