Srinagar, Nov 23: Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Thursday announced withdrawal of cases against youths involved in stone-pelting for the first time.
In a series of Twitter post on Wednesday night, Mehbooba Mufti said: “It gives me immense satisfaction to restart the process of withdrawing FIRs against first-time offenders involved in stone pelting. My government had initiated the process in May last year but it was stalled due to the unrest,” Mehbooba posted on Twitter.
“It is a ray of hope for these young boys and their families. This initiative will provide them an opportunity to rebuild their lives,” she said in another tweet.
“It is encouraging that the interlocutor has started on a positive note. His recommendations are being taken seriously by both the central and state government,” she said.